Thursday 1 March 2012

THAT'S ME - IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT!

Today we've been out for a drive.  Now we're home and instead of letting me into the house with her Mum says I must stay for a while in the car outside.  Why?  So that I can get used to guarding it in future, when I'm bigger and she's shopping and such like!

But being in here alone when we aren't going anywhere isn't much fun.  I'd far rather be out in the garden, exploring or finding new smells.  The question is, how to go about getting out ...

Mum's car is a blue Beetle.  The seats are blue too.  I've found that I can squeeze through the space between the seats and get from the back to the front easily.  Now I'm on the seat where Mum usually sits - behind the big wheel she holds when we're moving along.

Standing on my back legs, with my front paws on this wheel, I can just reach the little triangular window she has left open.  This is good progress!  But I need to do better to achieve my objective.

So I jump onto the wheel, falling to the floor at my first attempt.  Try again.  Back onto the seat, then front paws on the wheel ... and a big jump, bringing my back legs up until they are balancing on the lower rim and my tum is supported by the round bit in the middle.  This makes a funny sound, but Mum doesn't come running.

Good!  I can do this on my own, without her help.  I push the little window as wide as it will go.  Then I throw myself through it.

Wow ... it's a long way to the ground!  But I'm in mid-air now.  Next thing I know, my paws are bouncing down the drive towards the back garden, where the best smells are to be found.

Just when I'm enjoying my adventure, down among all the trees and bushes farthest from the house, I hear a sound that stops me in my tracks.  "Sam, Sam ... where are you, Sam?"

Mum sounds frantic.  Why's that?  Perhaps I'd better go and tell her where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment