Wednesday 28 March 2012

MIXED BLESSINGS

Mum is photographing me with Megan and her family.  There are lots of them, as you can see.  Actually, there are more than these.  Bracken, the biggest - and their pack-leader - has just led two of his followers from the picture.

I'm hoping he won't come back for a bit.  I don't know what to make of him.  He growls a lot and sometimes bares his teeth.  I don't think he likes me.

Mum says I needn't worry as his bark's worse than his bite, but I'm not so sure.  To be on the safe side, I try always to steer well clear of him.

Trouble is, he's a greyhound and can probably run even faster than I can.  We haven't put that to the test yet.  It's a pity that Mum is friends with Megan when there are plenty of other people to be friends with.

Now that our picture has been taken, Megan is saying something to Mum:

"Would you and Sam like to come to us, tomorrow, for lunch?"

"That would be lovely," says Mum, without consulting me.  "What time would you like us to arrive?"

"Around one o'clock," Megan tells her.  "You'll both be able to meet the rest of my family."  Then she turns to me, asking:  "You like cats, don't you Sam?  I had ten at the last count, so it's best if you like them."

Ten cats plus Bracken ... oh heck!

No comments:

Post a Comment