Wednesday 4 December 2013

DOG TALES


What’s the difference between dog stories and dog tales? I asked Mum this question and she said that the answer’s a bit subtle.

Well, that’s no help! So I’ve been reasoning it out for myself. Maybe we’re talking here about dog tails. That makes sense to me, as I have a wonderful long tail that’s very expressive. Mum says that when I wag my tail near her it’s like having a fan on hand. But then she adds that fans are best in the summer and that when the weather’s cold she doesn’t need a fan.

I took this to mean she doesn’t need me now that it’s wintry. Mum quickly told me it doesn’t mean that. She says she just meant when I wag my tail in cold weather she prefers being at the nose end of me. Mum’s funny, isn’t she?

I wag my tail a lot because there are usually good reasons for wagging it. Walk-times, mealtimes and our front doorbell ringing are just a few. A ring on the doorbell often means a visitor for me to greet. I’m good at greetings.

Anyway, I think dog tales (and tails) are great! If you’ve any you’d like to tell Mum and me, we’ll both be happy to have them …

P.S. See what I mean about my long tail? 


No comments:

Post a Comment