Sunday 1 December 2013

ANIMAL STORIES





Have you been watching the animal stories on TV recently? I’ve been watching them with Mum and our minds have been boggled by what we’ve seen.

There was a great big chap that Mum said was a rhinoceros. He was much, much bigger than me. When I first saw him, I hid behind the sofa, but Mum told me not to worry as he couldn’t get out of the TV. Well, he lived with his human and mostly stayed outdoors – but sometimes he came inside the man’s house and sniffed around.

Mum kept holding her breath and commenting how amazing it was that he never knocked any furniture or ornaments over. I hope she wasn’t thinking about the day I broke a picture frame with a swish of my tail!

Anyway, then among these strange pet stories, we saw a girl hugging and kissing some lions. She must have loved them to do that, mustn’t she? Mum said so and Mum usually knows. Mum also said that love between humans and animals can cross boundaries you’d never expect it to cross.

The man with the pack of creatures called hyenas must have loved them a lot. He wrestled with them and often ended up in hospital because sometimes they seemed to like biting him. But he didn’t seem to mind as he sensed they didn’t mean him any harm. I sensed the same thing. It was their way of playing. Mum reminded me that I bit her once or twice, back when I was a puppy, and she knew that they were kind of love bites.

If you’ve been watching these animal stories too, which ones mind-boggled you?

No comments:

Post a Comment