Wednesday 11 December 2013

BOOKS ABOUT DOGS



Do you like reading books about dogs? Mum does. She says she especially likes the dog story book I wrote. Then she says she supposes that’s because she’s biased.

If she thinks that by using long words she’ll fox me, she’s right. Except that I don’t stay foxed for long. It’s never hard for me to work out what Mum means – because I understand her, you see.

In her own way, she’s telling me that she likes my dog story best because I’m special. That’s in the sense of having a special place in Mum’s heart. She’s told me about holding me there ever since I trotted over to her when she came to Axminster to choose a puppy from my litter. It wasn’t a question, she says, of choosing me because I chose her first. Then she adds that the feeling was mutual. I think that means she would have chosen me, if I’d given her half a chance and not been so fast on my paws.

I need to be fast on them when I'm up above Three Cliffs Bay, watching and waiting for a seagull to fly by. As soon as one comes on my horizon, I'm on to him - racing through the sand-dunes and down to the beach. One of these days I won't be racing. I'll be flying!

Anyway, we both think books about dogs are great! See if you agree that mine's best when you've read my story ...

No comments:

Post a Comment