Thursday 18 April 2013

LEO - Tibetan Terrier Or Champion Jumper?

Remember me telling you about little Leo? Well, he's much bigger now and had his first birthday last month. He lives in Cornwall with my sister, Joanna, who isn't exactly my sister - but she is Mum's daughter, while I'm Mum's son! See if you can make sense of that ...

This is Leo's local beach - and he thinks he owns it, just as I think I own Three Cliffs. The thing about Leo is that he can jump higher than I can. I'm much bigger than him and am trying to fly like the gulls that keep teasing me. But Leo, who says he isn't interested in flying, doesn't even need to run before jumping.

He just lifts himself up so high that Mum and Joanna both say he could easily knock their noses off if he wanted to. This doesn't seem quite right to me.

Why can Leo jump so high without even trying, while I first have to run like the wind and even then can't jump nearly as high as he can?

I asked Mum, who answered that it's one of life's mysteries. I'm glad she added that while Leo might be a champion jumper I'll always be champion in her eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment