Monday 29 April 2013

ADVENTURE AT WORM'S HEAD

That's me in the picture, except that you can hardly see me! Mum and I had such an adventure at Worm's Head. There are more gulls there than anywhere else, and it was because I chased them across the causeway that we ended up on the Worm.

Trouble is, it becomes an island when the tide comes in - and we were so busy listening to the boomings and hissings coming from the Blow Hole that we nearly left it too late to get back to the beach at Rhossili. I think Mum was scared of being stranded out there, but I told her she was safe with me.

Now, as you can see, the Worm's head is an island again - and I'm having fun in the sea.

Here's a message for you from Mum:

There's an old Gower saying "The old Worm's blowing, time for a boat to be going." I'd have been glad of a boat. It was scarey, returning across the rocky causeway after the tide turned. I've never been more glad to be back on dry land!

No comments:

Post a Comment