Monday 13 May 2013

A NEW FRIEND - And Sam Learns A Lesson!

I made a new friend today. As you can see, he's woolly and has a very black face. He stood looking at me and seemed a bit scared. I suppose that's because I'm so much bigger than he is. And maybe it's also because of my history.

Can you guess what I mean by 'history'? In case you can't, I'll confess!

When I was younger, I was sometimes guilty of rounding up lambs and sheep. It's in my genes, you see. At least, that's what I told Mum when she got cross with me. It also happens to be the truth. My instinct is to gather the flock together - any flock that crosses my path. But following my instinct has landed me in hot water more than once, so now I try to think before doing anything that might make Mum cross.

She was pleased with my behavior today. She says it showed that I've learned from the past. She was especially pleased when I just watched this lamb and his sister feeding, without trying to join in. But why would I want to join in, when Mum always gives me better things than milk for my tea?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment